Thursday, January 22, 2015

inspiration Getting the Trend Black and White colour

How many times have you notice a fabulous new trend and thought, "love it, but it won't work in my house?"  While trends can be enticing, they can be difficult (aka expensive) to incorporate.  Today, I wanted to give you my thoughts on a current trend and how to make it work in your space.  The trend is "Black and White," and it's totally hot at the moment.  Here are a few images to give you the idea . . . 



This biggest problem with this trend is most of us do not have white sofas or chairs to use with the black and white pillows.  Don't get me wrong, I've sourced a few white sofas in my career.  But, even with those, they are always slipcovers that can be washed.  For most people, the larger upholstered pieces in your home are beige in tone (this makes it much easier to switch up the look with pops of color).  So what happens when you want to incorporate black and white pillows?  They just don't seem to work with beige to give you a chic vibe.

There is a simple solution - make sure your black and white pillow scheme includes some beige.  Yep.  That's it. Easy Peasey.  Here are a few boards I pulled together for a client project pulling in some of the beige tones.



















No comments:

Post a Comment

jangan lupa tinggalkan komentar .... trimakasih atas kunjungannya